Recreation or Relaxation…the Choice is Yours!
At our family-friendly resort in Sunapee, New Hampshire, numerous common rooms, spacious grounds, and on-site activities provide ample space and opportunities for socializing and recreation. Whether it is recreation or relaxation you seek, you’re sure to find something to satisfy you at Dexter’s Inn.
- Two tennis courts
- In-ground swimming pool (open May – September) with lounge chairs and a hammock for soaking up the sun
- Volleyball, badminton, basketball, horseshoes, shuffleboard, croquet and bocce
- Recreation room featuring billiards, ping-pong, air hockey, foosball and darts
- Kids’ play room featuring videos, games, puzzles, stuffed animals, books and coloring books
- A home entertainment room featuring a large-screen, high-definition, surround-sound television
- A living room featuring a fireplace and a library of books and magazines
- A family room featuring comfortable chairs and a fireplace
- Free wireless Internet access
- An extensive network of hiking trails that are marked and include distances and terrain suitable for a variety of ages
- Beautiful gardens that enhance the natural beauty of the surroundings and attract local artists and photographers
- 20 acres of Dexter’s Inn land and hundreds of acres of adjoining conservation land that can be used for walking, hiking, and snowshoeing
- A variety of wildlife including deer, turkey, squirrels, chipmunks, butterflies, numerous species of birds, and on a rare occasion bear and moose, which guests enjoy observing and photographing
In addition to these on-site activities, we are only minutes from the Mount Sunapee downhill ski area, three golf courses and Lake Sunapee, which offers fishing, boating and swimming. With sufficient advance notice, we can assist you in making arrangements for your group to rent a sailboat, motor boat, canoe, kayak, or jet-ski. Shopping and cultural activities are also available nearby. More information on activities and attractions in our area can be found on the Area Attractions page.