Dexter’s Inn is blessed with an idyllic setting on a 20-acre estate, in the lovely and unhurried Lake Sunapee region. Our hilltop location, which features panoramic views including Lake Sunapee, Mount Sunapee and the surrounding countryside, provides a wonderful backdrop for your activities. Our numerous common rooms, spacious grounds, and on-site activities provide ample space and opportunities for socializing and recreation. Whether it is recreation or relaxation you seek, you’re sure to find something to satisfy you at Dexter’s Inn.
- Three tennis courts
- In-ground swimming pool with lounge chairs and a hammock for soaking up the sun
- Volleyball, badminton, basketball, horseshoes, shuffleboard, croquet and bocce
- Recreation room featuring billiards, ping-pong, air hockey, foosball and darts
- Kids’ play room featuring videos, games, puzzles, stuffed animals, books and coloring books
- A full-service commercial cross-country ski & snowshoe center operated by Norsk
- A home entertainment room featuring a large-screen, high-definition, surround-sound television
- A living room featuring a fireplace and a library of books, magazines and newspapers
- A family room featuring comfortable chairs and a fireplace
- Free wireless internet access
- An extensive network of hiking trails that are well marked and include distances and terrain suitable for a variety of ages
- Beautiful gardens that enhance the natural beauty of the surroundings and attract local artists and photographers
- 20 acres of Dexter’s land and hundreds of acres of adjoining conservation land that can be used for walking, hiking, cross-country skiing, and snowshoeing
- A variety of wildlife including deer, turkey, squirrels, chipmunks, butterflies, numerous species of birds, and on a rare occasion bear and moose, which guests enjoy observing and photographing
In addition to these on-site activities, we are only minutes from the Mount Sunapee downhill ski area, four golf courses and Lake Sunapee, which offers fishing, boating and swimming. With sufficient advance notice, we can assist you in making arrangements for your group to rent a sailboat, motor boat, canoe, kayak, or jet-ski. Shopping and cultural activities are also available nearby. And, we are conveniently located just 100 miles from Boston, 30 miles from Dartmouth College and 10 miles from Colby-Sawyer College. More information on activities and attractions in our area can be found on the “Area Attractions” page.